I dug up a mahoosive carrot from the veggie patch. It’s certainly a big one, and probably a bit big for normal use as it might be a bit woody. Carrot cake sprang to mind.
This is my recipe –
6 oz self-raising flour
6 oz soft, light brown sugar
1 tsp bicarb
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
6 floz light vegetable oil
3 oz raisins
2 oz chopped walnuts
6 oz grated carrot grated rind of 1 orange ICING 7 oz full fat cream cheese (I use Philadelphia)
4 oz icing sugar, sifted
2 tsp orange juice
- Mix the eggs, oil, sugar, flour and bicarb together until smooth.
- Mix in the raisins, walnuts, orange rind, carrot and spices.
- Pour into a 2lb loaf tin or 9″ square tin
- Bake at 160c for 40 mins or so (or until a skewer push into the centre comes out clean)
- Cool in a wire rack
- Mix together the icing ingredients and beat until smooth.
- Smother the icing over the top of the completely cold cake.
Delicious! It’s very moist and keeps brilliantly.